viernes, 24 de noviembre de 2017

Who is a person/expert on your field that you admire?

Helloo, today I have to talk about my favorite anthropologist. One of the people who most interest me is Margared Mead.
Margared Mead es una antropologa estadounidense, la cual se desempeña dentro de lo que se conoce como antropologia culturalista. She was born in Philadelphia in 1901, her father was a university professor, and her mother a social activist. She graduated in 1923 from Barnard College and became known in 1925 for his field work in Polynesia.
I find this author very important for her age because of the fact that she questioned the biologistic idea about the division of labor by gender. At this time it was believed that the sexual division of labor was justified in the biological differences of each sex, the woman had to work in the private and the man in the public. After all the research done by Mead to other cultures, she demonstrated the varied divisions of work that existed.

Currently there are still many people who continue with the idea of ​​biological determinism, which is why I think it is important to remember this expert.

2 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I saw she on my first semester of the carrer, in a subject called anthropology introduction

    ResponderBorrar